Youth Conversion After-School Program
The hours between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. are the peak hours for juvenile crime and experimentation with drugs, alcohol, cigarettes and sex. (Fight Crime: Invest in Kids, 2002)
Youth Conversion After-School Program is licensed by the Department of Family and Protective Services – Child Care Division. The After School Program sites are in collaboration with the Dallas Independent School District.
Grant Receipients of Farm to Child Care, Watch Me Grow Project!
- Adelle Turner Elementary School
- Wilmer Hutchins Elementary School
Youth Conversion after school program and services include:
- Homework Assistance and Tutorials
- Enrichment and Life Skills Sessions
- Structured Recreational Activities
- Snack for each enrolled student
Research Indicates that students enrolled in After School Programs:
- Perform Higher in school than those not enrolled
- Increase leadership and Social Skills
- Increase homework completion rate
- Increase Self-esteem and confidence
- Increase Communication Skills
Welcome to Youth Conversion
Youth Conversion Inc. Mentoring Program has been designed to promote healthy life styles by connecting young people to positive role models and equipping them with the tools that are essential in overcoming barriers and facing life challenges.